Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best High School Coaches...EVER.

Who do you think was the best high school coach you have been around?
    I am a little old-school but grew up in Miami, FL......

My vote is:
    DENNIS HACKETT

Used to knock my team out of the State tourny all the time. Coached at Miami Killian Sr. High and won a few State Championships

Laura Rountree-legend!!!

Comment

say what the coaches accomplished

Comment

coaching where there are good feeder clubs

Comment

Coach rountree is amazing!

In her 15th year as head coach at Parkland Douglas High School, Rountree led her team to the Class 6A state championships with a record of 23-1-1. Rountree won the award for the second straight year and is the only coach to win the award three times (2003, 2005-2006). She has also led her teams to 13 straight district championships, 10 Final Four appearances and a state record four straight state championships (2003-06). At Parkland Douglas she has a record of 332-34-19 with a career record of 392-58-32.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Guest

In her 15th year as head coach at Parkland Douglas High School, Rountree led her team to the Class 6A state championships with a record of 23-1-1. Rountree won the award for the second straight year and is the only coach to win the award three times (2003, 2005-2006). She has also led her teams to 13 straight district championships, 10 Final Four appearances and a state record four straight state championships (2003-06). At Parkland Douglas she has a record of 332-34-19 with a career record of 392-58-32.
            Seriously though, how much coaching did she have to do? She had great feeder programs. She didn't win anything at states until the top Renegades kids came from Kelly Winslow's team. She bailed on them the next year when they graduated and they won without her.

Comment

Re: Re:

Originally posted by guest58711
              Originally posted by Guest

Seriously though, how much coaching did she have to do? She had great feeder programs. She didn't win anything at states until the top Renegades kids came from Kelly Winslow's team. She bailed on them the next year when they graduated and they won without her.

-She did a great amount of coaching. I have been coached by her and yea it helped to have a great class come in, but they didn't do it alone. She was a great trainer and had a great mind for the game. Also, she didn't bail on them, she quit because her daughter was going to another school and she wouldn't be able to coach and watch her daughter's games. She still supports the douglas team.

Comment

Originally posted by ;n2016
                Who do you think was the best high school coach you have been around?
                I am a little old-school but grew up in Miami, FL......

My vote is:
                DENNIS HACKETT

Used to knock my team out of the State tourny all the time. Coached at Miami Killian Sr. High and won a few State Championships
                He was my uncle :)

Comment

The Best High School Coaches are when the coach values you as a person and treats you well. Fence Company Wake Forest

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X