This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone can file a lawsuit and say/accuse anyone of anything they want. It doesn't make it true. The New Mexico womens soccer situation is down right disgusting - where is the call to fire that coach? Don't tell me she didn't know there was a tradition of initiation there?? Don't know this guy AT ALL, but this article says these initiations were long standing traditions that preceded his tenure and I doubt he 'ordered' her to be run into a brick wall to hurt herself. Initiations of rookies into sports (high school, pro, college) are widespread and probably MEANT to be good natured but there is always the person that takes it too far. Put the pitchfork away until you have all the facts. A lawsuit is not fact until proven in a court of law - its an accusation.
    Did you really read the article, if allegations are true, then he and his staff were involved in discussions about what to do to haze the freshman. It also seems from the article that the school believes it to be true since they put the team on "internal disciplinary probation for a year". There is a difference from the New Mexico teams actions and the actions at Clemson, from what I have read. So far it looks as if the New Mexico coach had no knowledge as to what the players were doing where as the Clemson coach seems to have been actively involved in the planning of the hazing.

Comment

Anyone can file a lawsuit and say/accuse anyone of anything they want. It doesn't make it true. The New Mexico womens soccer situation is down right disgusting - where is the call to fire that coach? Don't tell me she didn't know there was a tradition of initiation there?? Don't know this guy AT ALL, but this article says these initiations were long standing traditions that preceded his tenure and I doubt he 'ordered' her to be run into a brick wall to hurt herself. Initiations of rookies into sports (high school, pro, college) are widespread and probably MEANT to be good natured but there is always the person that takes it too far. Put the pitchfork away until you have all the facts. A lawsuit is not fact until proven in a court of law - its an accusation.
      there is nothing good natured about hazing. it sits right along side bullying where you have a perp and a victim. it is criminal. said it before, grow up.

Comment

Your daughter must have be cut when he took over.

Comment

With all the lawsuits flying around like the FAMU band hazing you just have to wonder how anyone in a position of responsibility could possibly be so stupid. I mean you can almost excuse the teammates for just being dumb college kids, but for the coach to be in on the planning is beyond belief.

Comment

This thread needs to moved to the college thread.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              this thread needs to moved to the college thread.
              this thread relates to odp, not college. It belongs here.

Comment

ODP is being phased out anyway. All the top talent and training is at ID2 now.

Comment

ODP is being phased out anyway. All the top talent and training is at ID2 now.
                  What is ID2?

Comment

Hazing

To the “Original Poster” of this and the previous thread concerning this matter :

Hazing in of itself as related to all walks of HUMAN and ANIMAL life has gone on since the beginning of time and will continue on in perpetuity .

As evidenced through the rise and fall of species and civilizations . The Strong survive while the Weak simply disappear into history .

The Human Animal instinct has learned over time that there is safety in numbers . That being said , we humans also have learned that some of our surrounding numbers actually make us weaker as a whole instead of strengthening the core group .

Many different methods have evolved to disseminate between the two members of our individual groups . The +'s and the -'s .

Hazing as we know it today is simply one of these methods and while given a bad reputation by the weaker / -'s of our groups in relation to their acceptance of their weaker subservient personalities and motivations , it is considerably kinder and gentler than methods used in our not so distant past .

A perfect example of this social sentiment against separating the strong from the weak is seen in current turning of the tide in our own country .

A weaker voting majority of those wishing for government to take care of them has evolved to push out the stronger self sufficient minority of todays voting public who wish to remain self sufficient without the need of a subsidizing "mommy government" supplying a teat to suckle .

Hazing as a ritual of membership weeds out the weaker individual who in times of the deepest of conflict will abandon the group in search of individual survival .

The stronger / warrior personalities of our current psyche want to know the members of their pack / group of which they are defending to their own demise will be there to reciprocate .

As to the concerns of those who have suffered injury and death as a direct relation to hazing I offer the following opinion .

“Collateral Damage” , the loss of a few to the greater good of the whole .

The individuals choice to participate in the hazing ritual relieves all claims to damages .

Yes , I said choice . Free Will . We all need to take responsibility for our own choices instead of looking to relieve our own egos of the fact we have made bad decisions or bad things have happened as a result of those same decisions .

No Coach ( scapegoat ) at any level , Government authority or Almighty “GOD” himself will ever control the ability of the Human Animal to make it’s own decisions be they right or wrong .

OP , your opinions against hazing clearly profile you . I personally would not want you watching my back while I was covering yours , much less having you for a teammate where I depended on you to make the difference between victory and defeat .

If you wish to argue that soccer is just a game :

1 - I suggest you stay in the recreational atmosphere and out of the competitive one .
                    2- Enjoy looking back on the thoughts of your contribution to your participation ribbon .

Who’s ready for another round of juice boxes and orange slices ?

Comment

Working...
                    X