This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCLA over FSU in women's NCAA final

FSU women's team deserves to be proud of the excellent season they had, but I thought UCLA was the better team and rightly earned the 1-0 win in OT. UCLA probably should have scored at least 1 (and maybe 2) goals in regulation; hit crossbar and upright on two shots that could have gone in. Overall I thought UCLA had the better individual technical skill and speed of play, but FSU earned the right to be in the final. The two semifinal games were the highlight of the weekend.

Next year should be interesting with UCLA and FSU returning many starters. Special congrats to Coach Amanda Cromwell who won national championship in first year at UCLA after leaving UCF.

I agree

The last three games were some great games. I watched a lot of college games over the course of the season, both in person and on tv, and the top 15 to 20 teams are very good. The top five (I'm including UNC) are in a league of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      FSU women's team deserves to be proud of the excellent season they had, but I thought UCLA was the better team and rightly earned the 1-0 win in OT. UCLA probably should have scored at least 1 (and maybe 2) goals in regulation; hit crossbar and upright on two shots that could have gone in. Overall I thought UCLA had the better individual technical skill and speed of play, but FSU earned the right to be in the final. The two semifinal games were the highlight of the weekend.

Next year should be interesting with UCLA and FSU returning many starters. Special congrats to Coach Amanda Cromwell who won national championship in first year at UCLA after leaving UCF.
      What was the attendance?

Comment

Fire Krikorian?

Florida State, meanwhile, has still never won a national championship despite seven appearances in the College Cup. This was the second time the Seminoles made the final under Mark Krikorian, also losing in 2007 to USC.

Comment

3000 (or less) for a Div 1 collegiate championship?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What was the attendance?
          Pathetic. Gotta wonder what were the television ratings...why even bother with women's collegiate soccer? How many times has women's pro soccer in the USA already failed?

If women's soccer in the USA was disconnected from "life support" (Title IX, USWNT being subsidized by USMNT revenues, etc.) it would finally dry up and blow away.

"Although 8,806 tickets were sold for Sunday’s championship, an estimated 3,000 or fewer showed up due in large part to the mid-30s temperature and rainy conditions."

http://www.carynews.com/2013/12/09/3...-champion.html

Comment

Working...
          X